WRITING PROGRESS

HE CAME FOR ME

BOOK ONE IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

http://www.amazon.com/He-Came-Book-One-Protector/dp/1447875591/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1422879701&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=he+came+for+me+book+one+in+the+protector+serieshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/he-came-for-me-book-one-in-the-protector-series-c.-m.-brown/1113030642?ean=2940011475573

HE CAME FOR MINE

 BOOK TWO IN THE PROTECTOR SERIES

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/82996         http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/he-came-for-mine?keyword=he+came+for+mine&store=ebook




Monday 22 October 2012

"LETTING GO": BLOG HOP

Kyra Lennon is celebrating the release of her novel - If I Let You Go, by holding a "Letting Go" Bloghop.

She has asked for the participants to share stories about someone or something they have had to let go in their lives. Asking to express their feelings about the event.

If this is too personal, posting a piece of Flash Fiction is acceptable.

I have decided to share a personal story, so here goes....


When I was in my early twenties, I believed I was deeply in love.  The magic between us was intense. This was one relationship before I met the man I married.

I travelled with this person in a beat up old Kombie and shared a nomadic lifestyle during the three years we were together. We enjoyed the perfect relationship (if there is such a thing), and an easy going lifestyle.

At one point in our travels, we were forced to find jobs as the money came to an end. I found a job with the Health Department, but my love had difficulty obtaining employment.


This was when the relationship started to break down, the fantasy came to an end and reality set in.  After a time of unemployment he pursued a job at the mines, which meant long periods apart, so we decided to break up, and after some heartbreak, I let him go!


Carolyn

16 comments:

jaybird said...

Sounds like a great relationship to have, in one's youth. No pressure, just having fun together. Although like you said, "the fantasy had to come to an end" and it is very hard when you have to let go, when you still cared about him. Nice entry Carolyn!

Nicki Elson said...

Reality stinks. But I hope now that the heartbreak has passed, the memory of the happy time together is a treasured memory - not everyone gets to experience that kind of bliss with another person, you know?

Kyra Lennon said...

Letting go of relationships is one of the hardest things to do! (Don't worry you really aren't the only one who used a personal story ;) )

Thanks for being a part of the bloghop!

Sally said...

Letting go is never easy and you had a wonderful time in the beginning and presumably great memories.

Angela Brown said...

Oh, intense love is a hard thing to let go. But you did and eventually met and married the right one for you.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But you did find someone else to share your life with!

Suzanne Furness said...

sounds like you made the right decision for you both. Thanks for sharing your story.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a strong love to have survived those 3 years on the road. I can't imagine how hard it was to be apart after being so close for so long.

Jackie said...

Letting go of certain relationships is so hard, but we grow stronger from it. Thanks for sharing!

M Pax said...

Letting go of that first love can be tough. I'm glad I didn't end up with mine. My life would be so different.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

I know how hard it is to let go of relationships, so I thank you for sharing this with us.

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your story. It must've hurt to let go of someone you had the "perfect relationship" with.

Trisha said...

Sometimes it's just not meant to be. Sounds like it was a horrible decision to have to make, but turned out well in the end, as you found your husband afterwards!

michelle said...

That must have been so difficult. Letting go of first love is never easy... I know. But at least you did have wonderful times together.
Thanks for sharing, Carolyn.

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I always love that first "we're so happy and invincible stage" that I'm so scared of that, "No, this is reality, and this is what we have to deal with" stage. I'm glad you were happy, and I'm glad you said the letting go with an exclamation. It sounds like it was for the best :)

Nick Wilford said...

Sounds like you have some great memories to hold on to. Thanks for sharing!

Total Pageviews

I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by MĂ©moires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014

A-Z APRIL CHALLENGE 2014
SURVIVOR

THE PROTECTOR SERIES ON GOODREADS

C.M. Brown's books on Goodreads
He Came For Me He Came For Me (The Protector, #1)
reviews: 19
ratings: 20 (avg rating 3.30)

He Came for Mine He Came for Mine (The Protector, #2)
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)